Brazil is protesting against corruption, police brutality, for better schools, hopitals and public transportation, for the media show the truth and not to repress protests. Who can not go to the streets can help supporting the moviment, sharing in social networking. The protest that started with some people in one city now is in the whole country with thousands of people. Right now the protesters are in the capital in front of the National Congress of Brazil, the legislative body of Brazil’s federal government.
“MOM, DON’T WAIT FOR ME FOR DINNER, I’M BUSY CHANGING BRAZIL”
"We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity."
Paulo Coelho (via dreaming-of-the-past)
"I hated high school. I don’t trust anybody who looks back on the years from 14 to 18 with any enjoyment. If you liked being a teenager, there’s something wrong with you."
Stephen King (via elizabeth-antoinette)
Check out @therealgza and his science program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNKyBALfuk. #sciencegenius
Wu-Tang’s GZA drops knowledge at Bronx Compass (by THNKR)
Happy Father’s Day to You, Seahorses!
by Tami Weiss, FusedJaw.com
Seahorses are often referred to as the best dads in the animal kingdom – and for good reason – they’re the only animal where the male gets pregnant! That’s right, it’s the men that take on the joys of childbirth in these equine fishes.
How does he do it? He has a special patch of skin called a “brood pouch” that the female lays the eggs into. He then keeps the eggs safe until they hatch using a strong muscle to keep the pouch closed. When they hatch, he releases the fry (baby seahorses) to fend for themselves. The fry are exact replicas of the parents, except only a few millimeters long.
Some fun seahorse facts:
- As few as 8 or as many as 2000 seahorses can be born at one time, depending on the species.
- The male seadragon and the male pipefish, seahorse relatives, also incubates the eggs. However, another relative, the Ghost Pipefish, the female that incubates the eggs.
- Seahorses lack a tail fin for swimming. Instead, their tail has evolved to grasp objects to keep them anchored in place. To swim, they use their small dorsal fin on their backs, and steer with their pectoral fins which are located on their head behind their gills. For that reason, they are not very good swimmers.
- Adult seahorses do not have very many predators. They have bony plates covering their whole body which makes them unpalatable to most fish. The few animals that don’t seem to mind this are crabs, skates and rays, angler fish, tuna, penguins and other sea birds.
- The first recognized pygmy seahorse Hippocampus bargibanti, a species smaller than your thumbnail, was discovered on accident when a biologist studying the sea fans in the lab noticed this tiny fish that had hitched a ride on the sea fan he was studying.
- The smallest seahorse known is only 13mm long. Satomi’s pygmy seahorse was only discovered in the past year, and is less than the size of a penny. Its babies (or fry) are about the size of an apostrophy in a newspaper when born.
Believe it or not, these existed til as recently as 2005.
قد طال عزُّكُم و ذُلّي في الهوى
و من العجائبِ عزُّكُم و تَذَلُلي
ٍلا تسقيني ماءَ الحياةِ بذلة
ِ بل فاسقني بالعز كأس الحنظل
ِ ماءُ الحياةِ بذلةٍ كجهنم
و جهنمُ بالعز اطيبُ منزلِ
عنترة بن شداد ــــ
وأنتَ تُعِدُّ فطورك، فكِّر بغيركَ
لا تَنْسَ قوتَ الحمام
وأنتَ تخوضُ حروبكَ، فكِّر بغيركَ
لا تنس مَنْ يطلبون السلام
وأنتَ تسدد فاتورةَ الماء، فكِّر بغيركَ
مَنْ يرضَعُون الغمامٍ
وأنتَ تعودُ إلى البيت، بيتكَ، فكِّر بغيركَ
لا تنس شعب الخيامْ
وأنت تنام وتُحصي الكواكبَ، فكِّر بغيركَ
ثمّةَ مَنْ لم يجد حيّزاً للمنام
وأنت تحرّر نفسك بالاستعارات، فكِّر بغيركَ
مَنْ فقدوا حقَّهم في الكلام
وأنت تفكر بالآخرين البعيدين، فكِّر بنفسك
قُلْ: ليتني شمعةُ في الظلام
As you prepare your breakfast, think of others
Do not forget the pigeon’s food.
As you wage your wars, think of others
Do not forget those who seek peace.
As you pay your water bill, think of others
Those who are nursed by clouds.
As you return to your home, think of others
Do not forget the people of the camps.
As you sleep and count the stars, think of others
Those who have nowhere to sleep.
As you express yourself in metaphor, think of others
Those who have lost the right to speak.
As you think of others far away, think of yourself
Say: If only I were a candle in the dark.
Mahmoud Darwish - Think of Others (via abustaif)